Skip to main content

SPRING BREAK '09!!!

Spring break is over. Some highlights included:

The finished West Baden Springs Hotel. Whew! It's beautiful!!



Playing euchre with my parents... That is, my dad and my mom's two personalities. Mom and I won. It helps to have three people on the team (Mom, Mom's voice in her head, me).

Heading to Fort Wayne: Art Boy and my vacation destination... This includes watching Art Boy's bow staff skills, getting into a $3 theatre for free (I offered to pay, but the concession stand girl said that there wasn't anyone to take our money) and enjoying the theatre to ourselves. Also, "Defiance" was fantastic. Cindy's Diner... yum. Cable, giant television, more cable. Chocolate chip cookies.

Going to work and having a patient with extremely low phosphorus refuse to allow me to empty a drainage bag because the contents were evidence to the fact that I was trying to poison him. And then after hooking him up to an IV (and giving him Ativan... yes...) with potassium phosphate and watching the delirium disappear. Wowza; medicine is amazing. Also witnessing the conversation in which the charge nurse had to call the doctor and say, "I know that this sounds weird, but we can't find his penis."

Celebrating Mackenzie and Ivan's new house and Mackenzie's match with IU as her residency program. Hurrah for Mackenzie!

....(I know what you're thinking... what?!?! You couldn't find his penis?? Sometimes regenerative surgeries are not always as clear as you would like them to be. However... There is a way to find the penis. Have the patient pee and check to see where it comes out. It's like an Easter Egg Hunt in the hospital!!)...

Playing "Things" with Mack, Ivan, Talia and Art Boy and beating the pants off of them. Or maybe not totally killing them, but impressing them with my guessing skills (also, witnessing Ivan almost wet himself because of his transgender confusion).

Spending $20 at ValuWorld and getting a plethora of new clothes and exciting objects (including a brass plate, two silver goblets and an unopened puzzle).

...
So, who needs Cancun? Who needs Florida? Who needs anything else besides a roadtrip across Indiana?! Rock on, Indiana. Rock on.

Comments

Talia said…
i heart ativan. :-)

your "things" skills are unmatchable. truly.
Malealyn said…
Easter egg hunt in the hospital. really. wow.
Finklestien said…
I would beg to differ on your account of the euchre game. Yes it is true you won the game but we played three games and you only won the first game by a score of ten to eight. Art Boy and I won games two and three by the scores of ten to six and ten to four. I enjoy your blog but please, in the future, refrain from wandering from the truth.
Your wiser elder