Skip to main content

Pig Cat

Sometimes things don't go, after all,
from bad to worse. Some years, muscadel
faces down frost; green thrives; the crops don't fail,
sometimes a man aims high, and all goes well.

A people sometimes will step back from war;
elect an honest man; decide they care
enough, that they can't leave some stranger poor.
Some men become what they were born for.

Sometimes our best efforts do not go
amiss; sometimes we do as we meant to.
The sun will sometimes melt a field of sorrow
that seemed hard frozen: may it happen for you.


Sometimes
-Sheenagh Pugh


I have kept this poem near my desk for nearly a month now. It has helped and so has my cousin. Her care package made my day. I think that spring is finally here and 2009 is turning around. Welcome tulips and Pig Cats alike.

Comments

Malealyn said…
you posted this at 3:33! Fun. maybe not 11:11, but still. Fun!
I'm so glad you like PigCat, you'll have to keep me abreast of all his shenanigans! Assuming he is a he, I guess he could be a she. . . hmmm.
Malealyn said…
ummm. . so I keep waiting for a post so I can congratulate you on being an aunt - but to no avail - so. CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING AN AUNT!!!
kjp said…
I do love the pig cat. Any names yet? Feline/Porcine!!! Felix the Pig?
Good job Malea
Anonymous said…
i very much adore all your posting style, very attractive,
don't quit and also keep writing as it simply just good worth to read it.
impatient to looked over even more of your own writing, cheers!