Skip to main content

Here's to a natural.

I believe that it's normal to be nervous about parenting skills.  It's a fair amount of pressure to create a kind, compassionate, fun human being.  

I was never nervous about Randal being a good dad though.  And 9 months in, he's continuing to do a bang-up job.  He will make any noise or sound to get Milo to laugh.  He changes diapers without prompting.   He keeps track of developmental milestones.  He will drop what he's doing to pick him up from the nanny or drop him off.  He drops what he's doing if Milo needs him.  He supports me as a working mom.  He unfailingly kisses him goodnight. He unfailingly kisses him good morning.

I often make this joke (and Randal is sweet to laugh every time), but I love being in the middle of a Pope Boy sandwich.*  

A helpful apprentice.

This is just the sweetest.
 
Eating apples together.
*Like Po Boy sandwich.  Get it?  Get it?  When I'm lying in between them I'm a Pope Boy sandwich??  Hahahahaha....

P.S. This guy is pretty great too.  From teaching me about politics to the importance of not taking yourself to seriously to the annoying habit of always playing devil's advocate, I am so grateful for these incredible fathers in my life.  Happy Father's Day, Dad.  I sure miss you.

Comments