Skip to main content

Start to a new month.

Today is my last day of my second summer session. The part of nursing school that our program warned us about it almost over... 6 hours away from finishing.

I wouldn't say that nursing school is the most efficient program. I have spent the majority of this clinical session (of psychology), trying to figure out how to pay attention and foster interest versus letting my mind wander but maintaining a focused facial expression. Also keeping my contempt of time wasting under wraps. That's been a challenge. Sometimes I've succeeded, and as my classmates can attest, sometimes I haven't.

But, now, as everyone else buckles down for the start to the school year, I'm getting ready for my vacation. I have one whole week (slightly more, in fact) in which I have no work to do and no studying to do. I'll do some campaign work and I'm going on a trip with my mom and my second week of vacation will be full of job training, but when I finish a day, I will get to read a book for fun. I feel like I'm at the height of luxury.

So, I have five hours left of this class. And after that? A whole week of vacation, yawning before me. Ahhhhhh...

Comments