Skip to main content

A Cinderella Story

I think that it's eyeliner karma that led me to this weekend's Honor Ball to benefit Scottsdale Healthcare. It was an invitation from The Good Doctor that allowed me to experience my first black-tie affair since prom. And at this event, there was an open bar and better food. Also a lot less crying in the bathroom (that I could see) and a lot more schmoozing.

The evening was a great one though because I got to wear my newest love... a vintage Ceil Chapman dress circa 1950. It was a mad-dash to get ready for this event in three days and I had at least two melt-downs in the Scottsdale Fashion Mall due to shopping fatigue. However, I could have stayed at the vintage dress store for hours and I loved how the staff and the customers gave me their opinions on whichever dressing I was trying on (i.e. "Too tight... too short... Not enough 'pop'... Perfect"). As soon as I tried it on, I had a feeling that this was the dress I would go home with because I loved it and was convinced by the staff that it loved me.

Only the bartender complimented my dress at the event and I quickly bored her with my new found Ceil Chapman trivia. TGD and I also noted the hypocrisy of my distaste for current brand names, but pride in announcing my 1950 brand name. Ah well... who cares... I love the dress.




Thanks to Nicole for making my fine, stick-straight hair into something curly and fun! And thanks to TGD for enabling such a fun weekend!

Comments

Talia said…
Awwwww! You look great!
Finklestien said…
You look beautiful! The style, the length and the sparkle. Just perfect. Thank you for sending it.
KJ
Malealyn said…
are those heels?!?!?!?!
Anonymous said…
You look stunning! The dress is beautiful as well.
Aunt Charlotte said…
My goodness, what a gorgeous woman! You look so happy and that is a good thing. Congratulations my dear on being an aunt once more! So happy the baby and mother are healthy and happy....and soon you will share an adventure with your mother. April will be here before we blink three times! My goodness, I do wish we could slow time down a little bit. Its time for a real long real letter. With hopes of doing that soon. Know that I love you!
Unknown said…
WooHoo! Knockout Dress! I understand your worries about getting the right item - I am extraordinarily shopping- and fashion-impaired and I break out in a hysterical cold sweat if anyone mentions "wedding", "party" or (God forbid!!) "formal"!
You did awesome! Following your heart paid off beautifully!You look Awesome!
Love,
Karen H