Skip to main content

An Ode to Hendrick's Gin:

You are such an enabler, my friend.
But I still never wish my glass to end.
Your heavy layer is stirred up with ice
and fizzy tonic makes it oh-so-nice.
A lime is squeezed around the rim
and delicious is your synonym.
And as I flop on the couch and describe my day,
I'm so glad that you came my way.



It should be noted that I do not have a drinking problem, but it has to be said that after three straight, painful days at work, a gin and tonic last night was... nice.

Comments

Malealyn said…
oooo. IF ONLY I didn't have a student coming over so that I can help her with her math! Damn!
Finklestien said…
I like your poem! I must use this summer. KJ
Unknown said…
Such talent - and a sophisticated drink!

butwhat about Margaritas?

Una Margarita
A little one (tan chiquita)
Frozen, no sal.
Muy bonita!!!

*heehee*
Karen