Skip to main content

A mystery

Yesterday when I got my mail and along with some junk mail and my "New Yorker," an "US Weekly" arrived as well. Because the previous two tenants never filled out "Change of Address" forms, I often get mail that isn't mine, but the "US" was addressed to me. What's more, it looks like it is going to be coming to me for a whole year!

I would like to say that it went on the stack with the other magazines that I mean to read when I have the time, but no, I voraciously devoured it. I thought that I should read a "New Yorker" article after to negate the smutty effects of the "They're just like us!" section, but, of course, I didn't.

Talk about guilty pleasures...

So, where'd this magazine come from? It's a mystery. A delightfully smutty mystery.

Comments

torker said…
My guess is one of your parents. I know I would be embarrassed if my child started to read the poetry of e.e. cummings to find solace instead of reading trashy gossip like the rest of us.
Anonymous said…
Your parents would not do it, they are too cheap.
On another note, e.e.cummings never capitalize any letters in his poems.