Skip to main content

11/11/11

You know, I planned on posting for posterity's sake on the day when more people think of me than on my birthday. But, I had also planned on having a giant party on 11/11/11 or getting married on 11/11/11 or doing something momentous on 1111 11th Street from 11:11am to 11:11pm. After all, 11:11 only happens twice a day and 11/11/11 probably only happens once a lifetime. But, I didn't do any of those things... However, I did seize the day and had a wonderful time doing it.

My 11/11/11:
Called my mom when my clock digitally ticked those four great numbers and sang her the "11:11" song.
Sterling and I drove to the Queen Creek Olive Mill where we enjoyed sandwiches and wine and meandered thru the olive groves and then enjoyed a lecture about extra virgin olive oil (buy extra virgin!) and a tour of the mill.
Drove to the arty theatre in Scottsdale and watched "Like Crazy," while marveling at the similarities between Sterling and I and the film's protagonists. I mean, Sterling even has the same jacket as the main male character. Aside from the whole ordeal with customs, it could have taken place here in Phoenix.
Ate at the Barrio Cafe and imbibed margaritas and fancy Mexican food whilst discussing projects and grand plans.
Stayed up late, despite the upcoming work day, so I could watch the clock tick "11:11" again and sing the song to bookend this momentous occasion.

Great day.


Doesn't Odie look great in this picture?

Comments