Skip to main content

First time since 1994.

So, I am about to unplug and pack my wireless router, so I'm using the last bit of my high speed internet.  It is is a welcome break amidst the chaos that has been the last two weeks.  To sum up: pack, work, clean.  That's it.

However, there was a brief break for the annular eclipse, which was showcased in the west last Sunday.  Sterling had mentioned it and I agreed that I wanted to see it, as we all reminisced watching the last one during an impromptu recess in elementary or junior high school.  I looked up how to make a projector box while I was at work and sent the link to Sterling.  It told us to use a long box and if we didn't have a long enough one, then tape two shoeboxes together.  Sterling said he would see what he could do.

So, I was lucky enough to escape work early and Sterling said that he was ready for me at his house up the street.  I climbed the ladder to the roof and was greeted with the most enormous projector box along with wine, cheese and apples!  The PERFECT way to watch an eclipse.  Nicole and Kory joined us for our viewing and we watched the eclipse happily.  While we were too far south to actually see the annular eclipse (when there is a ring around the moon), it was pretty cool!

The Projector Box Engineer



Projector Box Image
Another image...  It was pretty big!


Sterling and I demonstrate an annular eclipse.

And since then, we have been busily working.  We plan on departing on Monday, but there is much to be done before then.  However, we're excited!  Alaska, ho!


Comments

torker said…
Sterling and I demonstrate an annular eclipse. -- That was my fourth guess, after an insect, Vishnu, and a halo (which he deserves for the wine, cheese, and that monstrous projector box).