Skip to main content

Vote.

The Presidential Election of 2012 is upon us.  I have been wearing my Obama t-shirt every day and hand-washing it at night.  Again, I marvel at how Obama can spark conversation between me and anyone on the street and bridge the gaps that normally exist in our socioeconomic divides.

Randal and I are hosting an election night party on Tuesday.  Not because we're gluttons for punishment or because we're suddenly inundated with free time, but because the solidarity of a presidential election, especially when you watch the returns with other thoughtful voters who care just as much as you do, is not to be missed.  Also, you don't have a reason to make and decorate cupcakes with a political symbol very often and it's important to take advantage. 

In other news, Baltimore survived the hurricane unscathed.  Classes have started in full force again.  I am starting an internship at the Maryland State Health Department and I think that Randal and I are going to move down the block.  Additionally, did you know that mold test kits require you to pour potato dextrose in a petri dish to make agar?  It's pretty darn fun.  As you can see, this took priority over my textbooks.  Continuing on with Baltimore news, Bogey unhappily continues his diet and Randal and I have been watching "Glee," as a delightful television escape.  And it's chilly and windy, but I still love the change in seasons and the challenge of riding my bike home against the wind.  (Randal said that I was a tough biker chick.  Don't you all agree?)

So, two plugs, before I head to bed.
Vote on Nov. 6th.  And don't forget which candidate believes in protecting women's rights, believes in climate change, believes in universal health care, believes in the Dream Act, and has done a damn fine job in the last four years.

And sign our petition on refuelourfuture.org.  You don't have to be a Hopkins student.  We appreciate your help.  


Comments