Skip to main content

Biceps.

I have regularly been showing Randal my biceps.

"Look!"  I say enthusiastically.  "They have some definition!  Look!"

He dutifully compliments them. 

The Popes have been exercising more than we're used to lately.  Our friends here in Klamath Falls are extraordinarily fit, so we have to kick it up a notch if we want to keep up.  And we do.  Because there is so much to do.

Last weekend, I went cross-country skiing at Crater Lake National Park with my friend, Lindsey.  It was my first time cross-country skiing, and like every athletic endeavor of mine, I was NOT a natural.  A short descent, no matter the slope, was treacherous, and I fell more times than I can count.  But, I got back up because the scenery, the company, and the adventure was not to be missed.  It was simply spectacular.



I don't look awkward, right?  Right?


Lindsey challenged me again yesterday as we loaded up our canoe and took to the Upper Klamath Lake.  Getting rather a late start, we planned on toodling around the lake for a bit before coming home.  But, put two women together with defined biceps, and you make it to the island in the middle of the lake (a two hour trip there and another two hours back).  Buck Island! 

Although Buck Island is privately owned, we respectfully trespassed.  We checked out the petroglyphs and enjoyed a snack and a beer from near the top of the island.  Maizie joined us, looking adorable in her puppy life jacket.  We didn't take any pictures (didn't want to get the camera wet), but we had an amazing time.  I feel strong and capable and so happy that I live in such a beautiful area.

It's not all outdoorsy all the time though.  We went to a party that the medical residency (Cascades East Family Medicine Program) sponsored on Friday, which is evidently as dressy as it gets here in Klamath Falls.  Since, Randal had not seen my Ceil Chapman dress on, I sported it to the party.  He was a huge fan of the vintage dress even if Klamath Falls wasn't ready for it.  And of course, that's what matters.  We had a wonderful time getting dressed up and eating all of the hors d'oeuvres. 




A great weekend had by all.

And happy news from Indiana this weekend as we welcome dear Katie Marie into the world.  I can't wait to meet her.  And because of my strong biceps, it's very unlikely that I'll drop her. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Katherine I just love your blog. Please keep entering! Also your hair is so so cute. Love it
Aunt Janet
I am Dad said…
I concur, aunt Janet, on all accounts.
Cross-country skiing is much harder than I thought it would be! The skis are so narrow! Looks like you had an awesome time though--and a beautiful destination! Also, you wear short hair beautifully.