Skip to main content

Hello hello springtime!

I mentioned in the last post that my mom came to visit.  It was such a wonderful time.  I assume, anyway.  I was at work much of the time, but judging on the delicious meals that were on the table when I got home, it must have been going okay.

Last week, after she left, there weren't as many delicious dinners.  I miss her for a lot of reasons, but that's a big one.


Of course, there's nothing that Randal hates more than a mopey Katherine.  So, he bought me a bike to ease the blow of fewer homecooked meals.  You can't see how fat those tires are, but they sure stopped my flipping-over-the-handlebars nightmares that I kept having.  We'll see how long I can ride during this pregnancy, but my sweet new commuter will let me keep going for months.

I did have to say goodbye to the infamous Torker while getting this one.  It had been a great bike and I loved it so much.  However, it was gathering far too much dust as my desire to ride up our steep Klamath hills on a single-speed diminished.  Thank you, Torker!  You were my gateway bicycle!


So, on Tuesday, we launched the Wellness Center.  You know how that goes...  Just a simple little deal that only took two years to plan.

Here's our team.  It was a pretty successful week.  Albeit an exhausting one!

But, I think that it just might work...  One step closer to saving the world.


However, it is important to replenish oneself if one expects to continue saving the world.  So, Randal and I headed north to Sisters, Oregon to visit my dear friend, Jennifer Delahunty (formerly Jennifer Britz) in her new home there with her delightful partner, Tracy.  We were joined on Saturday by her daughter and niece and their respective partners all of whom are about the same age as Randal and me.

It was wonderful.  Delicious food, great conversation, and a stunning setting.

And of course, Randal and I tied for first with 9 eggs each in the Easter Egg Hunt.  No surprise there.  We've been honing our skills for years.


"Take the damn picture, Katherine."

Beautiful trail in Sisters and extremely attentive pups!

Jennifer and Tracy in front of their gorgeous home.

We were a little sad to head back, but I had to make a meeting this afternoon.  As we pulled out of their driveway to a "thwack, thwack, thwack," we pulled right back in the driveway to examine our very flat tire.  Needless to say, I missed the meeting in Klamath Falls, but got to spend the time waiting for the flat to be fixed in a wonderful independent bookstore while Randal checked out the Sisters ReStore.  It was time well-wasted.

The ride home with my dachsador--as named by our new friends this weekend.

And now...  I will enjoy a relaxing evening before moving forward with another week of work.  We begin our individual appointments this week and people are excited...  Who knew?

Comments