Skip to main content

A colorful day

 I am taking a break from the news.  My new goal is to put more positivity and love because we're all just so angry.  For the past week, I have been mailing one postcard a day where I aim to say at least one positive thing about the recipient.  It has made me feel so much better.  

In other important news, Marian is starting to learn her colors.  This is just a baffling new milestone.  After a year of her misnaming colors and all of a sudden, she gets them right 75% of the time.  Brains are fascinating.  It is just fascinating that last week, all of a sudden, she can tell you that a shirt is green or she wants the pink hat, when the week prior, she would tell you that everything was black or brown or purple.

It is also fascinating how different she and Milo are.  She holds her baby dolls, pats them, coos to them, puts them to sleep.  She loves to draw and color and points out what her creations are.  Milo?  He asked how the dryer vent worked and we spent a dinner talking about what happens in black holes.  When he was Marian's age, he would have nothing to do with baby dolls, despite my best efforts.  He slept with sharp-edged cars, brooms, and to my dismay, cords.

Fascinating.  


A very peaceful Saturday morning.  (Marian laid this blanket out herself to sit on.)




Comments

Glenn said…
Hello again today,Katherine. My response to this blog did not go through the first time.I thought it did, but I think they thought that I was a Robot. My response to your most recent blog was something like this: Thank God, Katherine, my old friend, who I love is back. She is no longer on the " DARK SIDE." I am excited that she is back. I don't like you on the dark side and depressed and negative. It is not fitting to when I think of you. Anyway I like that you are taking a break from politics. That is not a good face on you.

I also liked your comments on the development of Marian and Milo and how different they are. My daughter-in-law Tara and my son Daniel would love to have a Saturday morning when the boys would sit and color instead of constant motion. The boys are getting better, however, so there is hope. The boys are so active and just want to wrestle with each other and chase each other all over. The pictures Marian and Milo playing in your living room were also nice. Your new home looks like you when you lived here, bright, happy and cozy. Your home is very bright and inviting. It looks like a place I would be comfortable sitting in and visiting.

Well I am happy to see you now as you were when you lived here. I don't particularly like that other person. I miss you, Randal, Milo and Marian. Please say hello to Kenda and Tom. Glenn