Skip to main content

Ahh, Malea


This post is for you. I'm avoiding unpacking. Even though I have "The Amber Spyglass" to help me through (I should be listening to my lecture on the endocrine system... blah...), I still can't seem to get motivated.

I loved your green pants. They remind me of this poem:

The Cure
-Ginger Adams

Lying around all day
with some strange new deep blue
weekend funk, I'm not really asleep
when my sister calls
to say she's just hung up
from talking with Aunt Bertha
who is 89 and ill but managing
to take care of Uncle Frank
who is completely bed ridden.
Aunt Bert says
it's snowing there in Arkansas,
on Catfish Lane, and she hasn't been
able to walk out to their mailbox.
She's suffering from a bad case of the mulleygrubs.
The cure for the mulleygrubs,
she tells my sister,
is to get up and bake a cake.
If that doesn't do it, put on a red dress.


I was having a mulleygrub day until I received your pictures. Thanks.

I think that I'll go make some chocolate bread now.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18183909

Comments

Malealyn said…
heee heeee heee!!! Awesome! I love the post! (although new deep blue - red dress? not so sure about the relationship to my green pants. . .) and the chocolate bread story was great- I'm going to have to try the recipe. There is a coffee shop by campus that makes chocolate bread that is awesome, and I have not been able to find a recipe that comes even close (it is denser than cake, but not fudgy at all - absolutely delicious!) So I'll have to try this recipe. I'm glad that your day is no longer mulleygrub. (fantastic word by the way) Thank you for the post!