Skip to main content

October activities

So, I had a slight meltdown this week and I have to laugh at how dramatic I am. And what a baby I am. Especially on little sleep. My friend, Tony, just finished his Marines camp (SEARS training or something like that), in which he doesn't get to eat or sleep for several days in a row. He told me that he went 60 hours with no sleep and had something like a 1/2 apple to eat. He said he was amazed at what his body could do and how he bonded with his fellow Marines.

I, however, with plenty to eat and averaging about five hours of sleep a night, started crying when I got an "Out of Office" reply from the woman who makes our schedule, which meant that I would have to work a full 12 hour shift instead of an 8 hour shift. I guess this finally proves it... I'm not cut out for the Marines. Damn.

I have been working quite a bit and while my job is so much more enjoyable than my last job was (I got the woman who yelled, 'F*** you' to me one day to really like me the next), it just kicks the patooey out of me. Add that to school, which is good, but full of more clinical hours and tests that I can't really get myself invested in. Then throw on top of that a national election that is vitally important and whenever I think of backing off of my volunteer work, I get a "McCain wins" CNN ticker going through my head and have to buckle down and work again. As an added bonus, I am irresponsible and in my 20s and want to see my friends, drink wine, play frisbee, and hang out with Art Boy. What's a girl to do besides have a meltdown?

The nice thing about being emotional and mood swing-y though is that it takes me no time to bounce back. I take one day off of work (today) and name it "Katherine Day" and I'm happy as a clam again. Even though Katherine Day consists of house-cleaning, some homework (hopefully) and sewing buttons back on (i.e.other miscellaneous tasks), because it's my day on my schedule, I'm ecstatic. Of course, if you top off Katherine Day by a birthday party with surprises designed by Talia and Mackenzie and I'm nearly euphoric.

So, happy birthday to me on Monday. Don't forget to register to vote (last day, last day, last day).

(Of course, Malea, happy birthday to you on Tuesday. Hooray for October!)

Comments

Malealyn said…
HIP HIP HOORAY for October!!!
Talia said…
thanks for the shout out to my blog!

you know, i'm really surprised at this entry...i think you would really kick some marine a**!!!