Skip to main content

Yes We Can

This video was sent around during the primaries here in Indiana and elsewhere and I think many Obama supporters saw it. However, I believe that we might need a refresher in hope. We've stopped using "Hope" because somehow, this slogan has become trite in this election, but isn't it more true than ever? Isn't hope the reason that we always vote? I don't know when hope became a slogan for the naive, but it is this hope that allows me to maintain faith in this country that, despite faltering, holds so much potential. Yes We Can.

Comments

Malealyn said…
Interesting that you mention hope. We just had this reading in my sustainable theory class last week. I really think it is a fantastic article and it isn't that long, take 15 min and read it. One throws around the words optimism and hope without really thinking about what they mean. I think David Orr is starting to get somewhere with this. Take it for what you will.

http://www.davidworr.com/files/CB-57_Hope_Hotter_Time.pdf