Skip to main content

Ch-ch-ch-changes.

This month was supposed to be relaxing, but of course, I've managed to fill it with everything. I can't believe that Christmas is only a couple of days away.

I've been a little emotional lately. My brother is going back to Italy to rejoin his wife and Italian family and when I see him next, he and Elisabetta will have a little boy. While this idea thrills me and fills me with a joyousness, I still can't believe that my brother is going to be a dad. My brother still thinks that the word 'poop' is funny. My brother is going to be a dad.

Really though, I can't imagine many couples who would be better parents than Elisabetta and Charles. And I can't imagine families that will be as enamored with this new baby as the Fauri's and the Jochim's will. However, babies change everything and it makes me a little nostalgic for, what... Perhaps the last time that Charles and I lived together as kids. (Except not really... That was junior high... Not a time period that I care to repeat.)

It's just that change is scary and this is about a big a change as one can get.

I like for my life to change... but I get a little teary when anyone else tries to mess with my comfort zone.

So, Charles leaves bright and early tomorrow and I will miss him. I will miss being a witness to Elisabetta's pregnancy and I will miss seeing their faces full of joy after the Jochim bambino is born. Fortunately, if I know my brother and sister-in-law, I know that this will be a happy, funny child with curly curly hair and they will do whatever they can to ensure he knows both his American and Italian families. And the next time I see my brother and his wife, I'll be pee-in-my-pants excited to meet the new Jochim.

Safe travels, Charles.

Comments

macesmit said…
You are going to be a wonderful aunt! Get excited!
Talia said…
how exciting! when is she due?