Skip to main content

Phoenix + 2 hours north = 50 degrees cooler

Now, I would have thought that that was fuzzy math before I spent a weekend camping in Flagstaff, but when I woke up one morning, it was 46 degrees. It has often been 96 degrees in the early morning when I walk before work. I could see my breath in Flagstaff. It was glorious.

Flagstaff highlights:
Odie and I hiked to the top of Humphrey's Peak: the highest point in Arizona at 12,600-ish feet. It started to get a bit stormy as we descended from the peak and note that my hair is starting to stand on end due to the electricity in the air. We booked it to tree line, obviously.


Julia, Rich (friends from Phoenix and Odie's surrogate parents during my vacations), and Amigo (Odie's best friend), Odie and I hiked in a mile long lava tube near Flagstaff. We sat in the darkness and enjoyed the cool temperatures (32-42 degrees). We had to crouch in some places, but there were 30 foot high cathedral ceilings in others. Pretty fantastic! (Especially since I had just learned about lava tubes from our trip to Hawaii.)

S'mores and green chile for dinner and then again for breakfast.

Having a dog so wiped out that he slept the entire 2 hour drive home.



Comments