Skip to main content

It's one long vacation in Phoenix.... with a little work in between.

Sterling and I made a pact not to complain about being busy because it was certainly all self-imposed. But, as we whirlwind our way through 2012, it's hard not to get a little tired from time to time. However, we have to make sure to appreciate all of the fun things that we're doing lately.

For starters...

January:
We headed to Flagstaff to celebrate Sterling's birthday in a great little hotel and stumbled upon a fantastic, tiny church. We had originally gone to replant our live Christmas tree, but decided it was too cold for the little fella and that his home would be Phoenix. We later found a perfect spot (see picture below). At the end of the month, my friend Jon came for a visit and we galavanted around Phoenix together. The buy of the month, however, was Sterling's Coronado home up the street (see Christmas tree photo). A real beautiful thing with great potential. Secondary buy of the month? 6 chickens (who now live with the tree and the house).




February:

Sterling worked on the house, I went to work, and we took a trip to Baltimore in our spare time. I wanted to visit Johns Hopkins and loved it. No decision has been made regarding graduate school at this time, but I am definitely leaning in one direction. The school was fantastic and the city, while cold, was quite fun. Then my parents came to visit Phoenix to help Sterling with the house and enjoy some sunshine. We said goodbye to Odie as well, which was tremendously sad, but I hear from his new parents from time to time and he is quite happy. And I saw "Wicked!"





March:

We're only halfway through, but we continue to feed our chickens, work on the house, and take a nap in between. Oh, and we're going to Michigan tomorrow to visit the University of Michigan and some family. Last weekend I got to see my cousins from
Texas and their adorable daughter before Sterling and I met my friends, Nicole and Kory, for the Phoenix Challenge. We had to do a scavenger hunt in downtown Phoenix, which we rocked, of course. We came in 32nd out of 170+ teams... in kilts!





More to come! A visit from my friend Kristi and her pal! Trip to Europe! A visit from Mackenzie! Alaska!

Oh, life is sweet. Full, but oh-so-sweet.

Comments