Skip to main content

An 11/11 Story

Once upon a time, a pouty wife told her husband that he had forgotten to wish her a "Happy 11/11!" 

"You are my closest person!"  She insisted.  "My mom did it.  My brother did it.  My Aunt Juanita did it!  But you forgot!"

"Oh no."  He replied.  "I'm so sorry.  Happy 11/11!  What can I do to make it up to you?"

"Well, I need my closest people to all wish me a happy 11/11.  So, you and Bogey [the cat] and Maizie [the dog] all have to wish me 'Happy 11/11.'  And I would like Bogey to wish me 'Happy 11/11' in the form of a sparkly, light-up sign, please."

"What?"  He understandably asked.

"A sign that lights up and says 'Happy 11/11!'" She answered.  "Do you hear me Bogey?  Get out of bed and start working on it!"

The spoiled wife went out for the day and enjoyed an 11/11 hike and worked with her partner.  When she returned home, she found this on the counter waiting for her.

"Happy 11/11!" blinks on and off.
"Hurrah!" The happy wife shouted and gave her husband and Bogey a big hug.  And everyone lived happily ever after.

Happy 11/11!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ok you two are very odd and a bit crazy!! Love you both but yep….odd and crazy. Not exactly sure why 11/11 does he need to remember 12/12?

Aunt Janet