Skip to main content

Happy Halloween!


 The new Sky Lakes Wellness Center decided to add pumpkins to the Pumpkins Carving Contest at the hospital this year.  You win the contest by having the most money in your tin at the end of the day.  The Wellness Center worked quite hard on our transition pumpkins (chronicling the journey of a typical Klamath Falls citizen from a life of medications, junk food, and TV to healthy foods and exercise).  However, being a two person department, we didn't have quite enough man-power to stuff the ballots.  We had a great time putting them together though!

I was, as you may know, very very excited for Halloween this year.  Randal and I happened to buy a house on the prime trick-or-treating street in Klamath Falls.  You know the one...  where parents drive their kids and drop them off.  We prepared by donning our capes, stocking our house with over 600 pieces of candy, and making a warm, tequila-y beverage in the crockpot.

Our costumes were no-brainers this year since we received capes for the whole family as a fabulous wedding present.  (Although you can't see the back, each of us has our first initial emblazoned on it.)  The pets were especially a hit as we greeted trick-or-treaters.

I LOVED it.  We had over 500 trick-or-treaters! (We eventually ran out of candy and had to turn the lights off.)  We also had a small party and had fun adults in costume roaming through the house (a gypsy, a witch, Instagram, a blue filter for Instagram, an elf, etc.).  I hardly spoke to any of the guests though because I couldn't tear myself away from the adorable kids.

I am not sure that they loved me as I made them talk to me before they could get a piece of candy:
  "What are you this year?"
  "Can you make a (insert appropriate animal costume) sound?"
"You look strong!"
"You look beautiful!"
"What century are you from?"
"Can you tell me one fact about your costume?"  (This was only for teenagers... especially ones dressed as nerds.)
As far as I know, only one child cried from the questioning.  Not too shabby!

It was a very happy, very successful Halloween!



Happy Halloween from the Super Popes!

Comments