Skip to main content

It's a Merry Life




It's Christmas time, which is always a time of reflection.  This year has brought a tremendous amount of change for us.  I am reminiscing about my Christmas Eve last year with my family, celebrating our holiday together.  I wondered when Randal would propose.  I was happy to have my parents, my cousins, Mary and her family, and Randal all together.  I was so tired after 6 months of non-stop action in school.  2012 had been a year of extreme ups and downs and I was ready for an emotional break.

I am not sure that 2013 was full of the serenity that I had imagined.  But, it was so full.  Full of joy and full of sadness and full of success and full of love.  Always full of love.

I have done a tremendous amount of research this year on health and wellness.  Because of that, I eat better and exercise more than any other time in my life.  But, in the research that I have done, I keep coming across another message that is different from the importance of nutrition and physical activity.

That message is love.  One study came out this year that had studied a group of men for 75 years.  It is the longest cohort study done and the results were tremendous.  The best indicator for success in life is your relationships.  The study is summarized by these words: "Happiness is love.  Full stop."

I hope that we take that message into our hearts this Christmas and I say that to myself more than anyone.  I hope that I can forgive, forget, and move on.  I hope that I can repay all of the tremendous generosity that has been showered upon us this year.  I hope that I can reciprocate the affection, the laughter, the comfort, and the friendship that has been bestowed upon me.  And I hope that that I can love fully and deeply.  I wish this for all of us.

Happy Holidays from the Pope Family!  With so much love.


A hike with Stephanie, overlooking the frozen Upper Klamath Lake

Maizie and her new sister, Juneau


Chopping down the Christmas tree on BLM land.

Our fantastic Christmas tree ready to head home.


Familial Christmas spirit.

Merry Christmas from Randal, Katherine, Bogey, Maizie and Juneau!

Comments

Malealyn said…
Did you get another dog?!?!?!?!