Skip to main content

It's awfully springy here.

You wouldn't know it on top of Mt. Bachelor in Bend, OR though, which is where I went two weekends ago.  After a serendipitous purchase of some used skis (Don't you just love small towns?  When you can run into a friend at the post office, tell him that you are looking for skis, he happens to have some old skis and knows how to fit them for you and does so in the next half-hour?  Isn't that great?), I was ready to go.  So, my K Falls friend, Berta, and I hopped in the car and headed north.


Andrea and other friends from Klamath met us in Bend and we spent a snowy day playing on the mountain.  It was quite a powder day and I'm not an expert skier, so Andrea and I stuck to the semi-groomed slopes.  (Because it was snowing so hard, there was powder on nearly every hill.)  I remembered being a little better skier, but that didn't stop me from having an excellent time all the way until last chair!  


Berta and Andrea celebrate snow!

We enjoyed the benefits of Bend that night (great restaurants and bars, mainly) and had a delicious brunch on Sunday morning before returning to Klamath Falls.  Randal stayed busy at home with taxes and preparing for the course that he's teaching at OIT (Oregon Institute of Technology) on green building.  If his "busy," looks like this, then I'd say he's swamped...


Last weekend, I headed to Portland to play with Andrea again.  I do love Portland and all of its wonderful boutiques, vegetarian restaurants, and its IKEA.  Okay, well, I wish that I didn't love the IKEA so much, but I do and we happily spent a few hours buying into consumerist society.  

Andrea models the lawn furniture beautifully.

We, as always, had a wonderful time sipping gin and tonics, watching movies, and enjoying the beautiful springtime in Portland.  The drives were also quite refreshing as I finished David & Goliath (interesting facts include: a high proportion of successful entrepreneurs are dyslexic and 12 out of 44 presidents lost a parent when they were young) on audiobook and started Team of Rivals.  Get ready for some Lincoln trivia, everybody. 

It is spring in Klamath Falls and it is beautiful.  We are building a raised bed garden, the baby chicks are growing, and I planted seeds last night.  The daffodils are popping up and the tulips are soon to follow.  Our Wellness Center has been informed the hospital will buy a building for us any day now, but in the meantime, we're staying busy with many projects, including a Couch to 5K Lecture Series that will last for the next six months. 

Maizie reads Juneau and Bogey a bedtime story.

The sun is shining and the regular Wednesday night Happy Hour is calling, so it's time to hop on my bike and head downtown.  Happy Spring to All!

The sweetest.

Comments