Skip to main content

Sunshine City

That's a bit deceptive right now, but I think that the sun is on the way back.  While we had some snow this week and pretty chilly temperatures, spring is busting out all over here.  Lilacs, fruit trees, daffodils, tulips...  It's beautiful.  And Randal and I are growing our happy little seedlings in the Solarium. (Formerly Randal's office and future home of our master bathroom...  I hope.)  Our yard was nice enough last weekend for us to host an Easter party chez Popes!

Of course, you can't start an Easter party without having some tremendously beautiful eggs to hunt.  So, my friend Berta, appeased my whim to spend an evening at her house dying eggs.  Despite some grumbling, most people got into it and we created some real beauties this year.  And of course, had an excellent time.
 



The next morning, the Easter Bunny came to the Popes house, dropping off an Easter basket with some solid dark chocolate bunnies and hid eggs higher than the dogs' heads.  (That Easter Bunny is a smart one.)  Randal dutifully found all of them.  He's a good sport.


Friends came over in the afternoon for a 3-kid egg hunt in the front yard and an 8-adult egg hunt in the backyard.  I tied for first, but unfortunately, don't have the pictures of my victory.  It was a great time.

In the meantime, I continue my quest to get fit and join some fun folks on their road rides, so, after months of dawdling, I've finally decided to pull the trigger and get a road bike.  It's been ordered and I plan to pick it up next week and zip all over southern Oregon and northern California.

I practiced with some friends this Wednesday and had a great time.  See how happy we are?  See?

Biking buddies

Here she is!  See you next Friday!
Work continues on swimmingly.  Stephanie and I present to the hospital board tomorrow night about our many projects and we hope to hear any day now that our future home is purchased and ready to go.  And Randal and my building has a potential tenant...  a New York style pizza place!  We're pretty excited.

It's a pretty fun place, this Sunshine Capital of Oregon.  Come visit!

Comments