Skip to main content

Photo log.

Summertime flies by and we've been happily busy here in smoky southern Oregon.  There might be too many things to update, so we'll have to do with a photo log of our life since our trip to Boston (which was fantastic, by the way).  

So, returning to June...

We've enjoyed weekly dinners with Adam and Lindsey.  This was taken on their deck (they'll be hosting our baby shower tomorrow, which will be quite fun!).  Siobhan and daughter Maeve are also featured.  Siobhan, her husband, Liam, and Maeve live two doors down and been my good fairy of maternity and baby supplies.  And now, Siobhan is pregnant again!  It's a fertile block in our neighborhood.  (Another neighbor just had a baby last week.)
Randal's family came for the 4th of July.  Unfortunately, I was terrible at taking pictures, but this is Randal's Uncle Glen and I on a hike on the hill with the pups.  It was great to have everyone in town!
Chris Paasch came for a whirlwind weekend and got to meet the neighbors.  Our front yard vegetables are looking beautiful and Maeve picks and eats tomatoes right off the vine.  I'm sure that there's some Hoosier blood in there somewhere.
For Lindsey's birthday, we headed to her parents house near Eugene where they allowed me to go wild on their organic blueberry bushes.  I was not going to let this opportunity go to waste.  Randal, Adam, Chris and I picked well over 15 gallons of blueberries.  Most are frozen in our freezer in preparation to make the smartest baby ever with an overload of antioxidants.  

I was so very happy.

They were luscious and ripe and perfect.  Oh, and the man in the background is all of those things too.  

Adam and Lindsey took us on a beautiful hike to Blue Pool (I think that's the name).  It was gorgeous and they were very patient with my slow, slow pace.

Obviously, it's gorgeous.  It might not be obvious, but we are on the edge of a cliff and the pool is many feet below us.  You can see the tiny people on the other side of the pool.

And then we stopped in front of some beautiful waterfalls.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the name.  Obviously, I was distracted.

33 weeks and working on a Saturday, but just for the morning until...

I joined Mom and Alicia on a trip to Crater Lake!

Mom and Alicia came to Oregon to (thankfully) put together the nursery for Skeletor.  They did an amazing job, so I let them have the day off to visit the deepest lake in North America.  It didn't disappoint.  


In fact, they did so well, that the next day, Randal, Mom, Alicia and I headed to Jacksonville to eat some good food and taste some delicious wine.  (Designated driver provided!)  It was a beautiful day and we had a wonderful time exploring the vineyards that are nearby.  


They also did an excellent job supporting the local economy and Randal and I joined another wine club.  When you come to visit, this is where we'll go.  The wine is divine and they make their own cheese (this was a tasting in which I enthusiastically partook).  Plus, as you can see, it's beautiful.


And they decorated the nursery!  It's lovely and will be a perfect place for Skeletor.  (Aside from Skeletor's castle that is, but that evidently wasn't the theme that they were going for...)

And total success in adding books and colors that I love!  I was a bit picky, but they did a perfect job appeasing my silly whims.

And it was obviously too boring after they left, so Randal and I decided to buy a car.  While I loved, loved, loved my Subaru Legacy, it, unfortunately, would not fit two dogs and a baby.  So, I sadly said goodbye to it and welcome a Subaru Outback into my life.  It's very fancy.  I'm very anal-retentive about it.  Poor Randal.  
It was time that we took it for a drive though, so the dogs got to explore their much more restrictive section of the car and we drove to Diamond Lake to a beautiful little trail along Silent Creek today.  The car did great.  The dogs only messed up their section.  And the hike was beautiful (and not too terribly smoky).  Trip 1 in the Outback: success!

Skeletor Fetus is 35 weeks and 1 day old today, so we celebrated on this hike.  He's getting bigger and a little bit more insistent on being noticed.  But, I suppose that he takes after me in that regard.  (By the way, gender is still unknown.)

It was a perfect, relaxing afternoon.  Randal has been very kind and gentle as I become slightly less agreeable.  Thank goodness for him.
 And there we are!  Work continues to be successful and a bit too busy.  We were officially designated a Blue Zones Project, which is so stinking exciting and Randal's collective workspace is hitting the ground running.  It's beautiful and people are so impressed.  Kristi came to visit and is now settling into Reno with Andrew.  I'm so so glad that they'll be so close by.

We are lucky ducks, that's for sure.

Comments