Skip to main content

Life as we know it...

I think that I am in a very surreal part of my life.  When I initially got pregnant, while happy, the overwhelming emotion was just a sense of...  This is weird.  Eventually, I adjusted (kind-of) to the idea that I was pregnant.  I feel that I've been pregnant for a long time and have had a chance to add that to my identity.

However, my sense of weird is currently heightened.  I have a 30 pound weight that constantly hangs off of me rendering a little tricky to sleep, stay awake in appointments, take deep breaths, and other regular functions.  But, I generally feel fine and not miserable at all like everyone told me I would feel at the end.  The thing is...  the thing that I just can't wrap my head around...  is that I'll be a parent in a couple of weeks.

I was talking to Randal about my schedule at the beginning of this week.  I said, "Well, this week will be insane, but next week will be a lot easier.  And then I don't have anything planned the next week!  ...  Of course, I could have a baby.  So, there's that." 

So weird.

Work has been just nutty this week and I'm so glad that it's over.  I'm working this weekend, but it will be a nice change since there will be no one in the office and I can ideally get a lot done.  (Although I haven't started yet!)  I am slowly, slowly tying up some loose ends, but I expect to tie up several more by the end of Monday.  I am ready for a break from my job, but I continue to be so grateful for such satisfying, challenging work.

I have included a few pictures from our wonderful anniversary weekend last weekend.  It feels a little too far away now, but Randal and I know that we have this beautiful oasis just 45 minutes away should we ever need it.  I even read a regular book (Ann Patchett is always a delicious escape).  The meals were decadent, the desserts were large, and the scenery was beautiful.  We missed it as soon as we returned home.  There aren't many perfect weekends, but this was one of them. 

 So, with my due date less than a week to go, I will carry on at work and continue to check things off my list and make new lists for Randal.  And while it is extremely difficult to imagine that we will have a son or daughter in the next couple weeks, I guess that that is coming up on the horizon too. 

So weird.

Reading on the deck.  Just what I wanted to do.  (I took a nap soon after I took this photo...  Also what I wanted to do.)
 
The view from the upstairs deck.  There was also an outdoor shower, which I loved.  Nothing like showering when surrounded by a beautiful forest.

Our honeymoon cabin.  Perfect, perfect, perfect.

My husband.

Our 2.2 mile hike, which might have been a tad risky.  But, all was well and the serenity and solitude was absolutely worth it.

A current Pope family photo (minus 8 chickens, 2 dogs, and one diabetic cat)

Comments