Skip to main content

Birthdays, midterms, voting - oh my!

 It is a busy, beautiful fall.  We have been trying to enjoy the outdoors before a dreary winter sets in, working steadily, and celebrating birthdays.

The kids are still in school, but we wait with bated breath for the first email that says that we have to quarantine for two weeks because someone tested positive.  (Someone in Marian's school tested positive last week, but not in her class, which is separated.). They love their schools and I love their schools and everyone is happy that they're there: learning, playing, and getting some time away from their parents.

Midterms are over and they went pretty well.  Whew!  I would have liked a week off, but the classes keep on coming.

My birthday was quite fun and Mom's birthday is today.  Happy Birthday, Mom!  We were reminiscing about our trip to Wales last year for her birthday.  I am SO glad we took advantage while we had the chance.

And we are following the election.  Time is ticking!  Randal, his mom, and I voted on Friday - standing in a peaceful line for over an hour.  It felt good to vote early and to play our role in democracy.

My dear friend Glenn hates the last picture that I posted, so I will add some beautiful fall shots from our recent weekends and share some Marianisms...

"Want pick you up" when she wants to be picked up.  "Goodnight belly," when zipping up her jammies.  And singing "Pancake, pancake, Megan's pants" for "Pattacake."

As for Milo, he has taken to asking about water and air pressure, so it only took him five years before he surpassed me.  Fortunately, I can defer to Randal.  








And my new favorite family portrait.  I feel like if a picture were to capture us...  this is it:


Happy Fall.  Now go vote.

Comments