Skip to main content

Our first day in Vigolo - by Marian

 Today's blog is being guest-written by Marian. Her prompt was: "what did you do yesterday?"

I go'ed to a playground. And I go'ed to a big playground too. I watched TV and I brushed my teeth. And I got in my pajamas. And I played with Josephine. I ate cereal. And I drinked all my milk in a little cup. I got a unicorn purse from Aunt Elisabetta. I got crayons. I played "Warrior Cats" with Josephine and Milo. I played "Warrior Cats" some more with a super duper magic motorcycle. I had gelato: strawberry and lemon. I go'ed on a zipline. Daniel, Josephine, Milo, and Mom helped me. [After this day, can we go on the zipline?]

Turns out, her overbearing mother wants to add some information to today's blog too. So, I'm going to fill in the blanks.

Yesterday was a comfortable, recovery day. We all slept beautifully and woke up to the gorgeous setting that is Vigolo. We spent time at the Jochims' with Josephine taking care of my kids so I could completely ignore them. It was great. Elisabetta showed us the changes that have occurred in Vigolo in the last twelve (12!!) years since Mom and I last visited. I have been marveling at the fact that I first came to Trento to visit Charles 22 years ago. Oh my...

In the afternoon, we walked to the castle on the way to Bosentino. I last visited the castle and playground with 2-year-old Daniel! On this visit, he was much quieter and refused to go on the zipline with me, but sweetly helped Marian hop on the zipline over and over and over. We then enjoyed aperitivi and gelato at the bar that has been beautifully renovated since we first visited. It has the same owners though and they continue to be delightful and kind to Charles's American family.

It's been just lovely. Full conversation and lots of laughter and we mesh together so well. There's no one I love like my brother and his family.

And today: Trento! 










Comments

Joan said…
Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures!