Skip to main content

Good Housekeeping

It's reached that point in the shift when I'll pick up anything to keep myself awake. So, there's a "Good Housekeeping" magazine left over at my desk and two articles piqued my interest. #1 (which I didn't read) was an article on great make-ahead desserts. But, really, who wants a make-ahead dessert?! We're in the land of instant gratification and I want dessert now. I made a chocolate cheesecake for Mackenzie's birthday and it killed me that I had to let it sit and chill for so long!
#2. How to deal with annoying people. Now, I need this because there is a student in my nursing class that annoys me so much that I end some of our days in a bad mood. However, this article wants me to find what I like about this person, how I would feel from their perspective, how to have an intervention with them. All of these suggestions might work if I weren't so annoyed already. All I really want to do is bitchslap the person upside the head. Oddly enough, "Good Housekeeping" did not have that as one of the suggestions.

Comments

Talia said…
intervention . . . can i come? maybe you should bring a dead chicken, too!