Skip to main content

the Nursing School Blues...

Na na na na. I'm in nursing school all summer. Na na na na. It really is a bummer. Na na na na. I work on the weekends and study all night. Na na na na. Oh it really isn't riiiight!

In my head, that little ditty sounds very bluesy and folksy with Ray Charles singing it.

I've been on edge lately, which is silly. The weather is finally beautiful and it's summer and I have wonderful friends right next door. I have a trip to Taos planned for a great family reunion and an adorable (really, I don't love the word adorable, but adorable is the only word for it. Also, "cozy" works.) new apartment. No excuse to be so angsty. However, I find that I'm irritated by the woman in front of me at CVS who takes forever to check out, only to find that she forgot to pay for something as she's leaving. Or I worry that a neighbor that watered my garden is going to overwater it (since, with this weather, we certainly don't need any more water). Or that there won't be any Black Forest Chocolate Cake left (one of my successes of the week; well, Mackenzie and I made it equally, so it's OUR success) when I go to Kenwood to pick it up.

Really? These are issues that I'm concerned about??

Though, it's actually hours worth of clinical paperwork every week that I think is inane. One or more tests per week on subject matter that is very important, but that I don't have enough time to drill into my head. It's spending my weekend nights at work doing homework. Blaaah. It's that I watched "Into the Wild" tonight and it made me miss that side of me and Ski Bum #1. I fear that one day he will disappear like that and I'll lose the potential of that love.

So, here's my little list of positives for the day:
chocolate bread (it's nearing the end, but still delicious)
the Juno soundtrack (I finally broke down and bought it and I love love love it)
dried cherries
my mom is doing a skit at work about a suppository form of insulin called "inassulin."
the weather
Clinton is suggesting that she'll drop out of the race sometime next week
a clean, unpacked apartment
naps
"Wait, wait... Don't tell me" archives
this clip (I love the fat suit idea): http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=170163&title=obamas-running-mate

So, when you look at it like that. It was a pretty good day.

Comments