Skip to main content

Venti means twenty.

So, this is something that has bothered me for quite some time and I'm glad that someone addressed it. Don't get me wrong, I love a good, large latte from Starbucks, but I can never call them "venti's". Because venti means twenty. And although the large hot drinks may be 20 ounces, the large cold drinks are not. And so we have have Americans, nay, people WORLDWIDE thinking that venti means big because Starbucks told us so and instead, it means 20! And tall is not small! It's bothered me, in the way that stupid little things do, since Starbucks became successful. And you will never hear me say: I'd like a grande cup of coffee or a tall chai or a venti americano... because it's small, medium or large all the way for me, baby.

So, watch this clip from "Role Models." The rest of the interview is funny, but doesn't address the little things that bother me quite so well!

Comments

Malealyn said…
I ALWAYS say 'I would like a large chai' and they always say back, 'venti chai?' and I say 'A large chai, yes.' I agree. very dumb. Yet I support Starbucks more than many coffee shops due to the healthcare that they provide for someone we both know, so it just becomes my own (well I guess you are part of this) battle to fight!

I'm actually surprised this is one of the first movie clips taking advantage of this. (that I've seen) You would expect to see a 'dumb american' in Italy trying to say large as venti. Hmmm. surprising a bit.