Skip to main content

The Dishes are Mounting

If you go into my kitchen,
you'll see my dishes are mounting.
The number of job rejections
isn't even worth counting.

I'm sweating in this chair
and the heat won't go away
because the AC in my car and home
went out on the same day.

But, alternator belts and crank shafts
are being replaced
(even while my savings
is being erased).

And job offers will come
and I'll have cool places to go
And "Flight of the Conchords" ensures
that my feelings aren't low.

So I'm bucked up
and am happy to say,
that I'm in a good mood!
(at least for today)

Comments

Malealyn said…
This is awesome! I'm so glad to see some kj original work on this site!

And we will both be getting job offers VERY soon. I feel it in my bones!

(Oh, and if I had any skills what-so-ever at poetry, I would have written this in verse, but alas.)

(Double-OH! Thanks for the link update!!!)