Skip to main content

Don't knock my dog.

The nice thing about being unemployed is my daily walk with the dog, Odie. We've gone on nice long rambles to the river and the IMA and he's done an amazing job. We've been training him with a shock collar, and while this is somewhat controversial, after the first day, I've barely had to use it and he's so stinkin' well-behaved now!

This morning, I decide to spice it up and go on a morning bike ride around Rocky Ripple. Odie knows the "Wheel" command that Nate taught him, so he pretty much stays right by my back wheel on the right side. Even when a giant white dog starts chasing us down the street... Odie totally ignores him. Hurrah!

However, Cpt. Grumpy Neighbor further down on the street asks where Odie lives... and I told him... and then he informs me that Odie gets out and comes over into his yard. I told him that Odie was an indoor dog and only came out with us, but he told me I was wrong and he was there quite often. Harumph. Later, I ran into Mrs. Grouchy-Irritable who tells me that there is a leash law and I am breaking it. I told her of the shock collar and her yappy, mean little dog is starting to chase Odie while Odie cooly jogs beside me, but she still yells at me down the street.

I told Odie that we're getting a later start tomorrow. Evidently, early to rise puts people in bad moods.

Comments

Malealyn said…
Aren't grumpy neighbors the best? Got to love people who have nothing better to do than nitpick on you. But don't worry, they aren't happy people. There is sadly not much you can do to change it.