Skip to main content

An important lesson at 28 years old.

I can be fairly cheap when it comes to everything aside from food, liquor and... well, that's it. Today, I learned about eyeliner. I couldn't handle the consistent problem I have with eyeliner getting all over my upper lid prompting people to ask me why I have a black eye and if someone has been beating me. Nope and nope... Walgreen's is my make-up supplier, I reply.

Today I spent $22 on eyeliner, which made me want to cry, which would have smudged my eyeliner from Walgreen's except that it had already smudged all over my face.

I put it on in the car and 7 hours later, it's perfect. Lesson #852: Spend a little bit more money on make-up.

I realize that this is quite inane for a blog-post and most of you won't care and Mom will say, "That's right. You should sometimes put a little more effort into your appearance," but I was just so amazed and pleased that I decided to buy more expensive shoes immediately after. It's a slippery slope, this expensive make-up. A slippery, slippery slope.

Comments

torker said…
Mom has never told me, "You should sometimes put a little more effort into your appearance."
I am Dad said…
this is what happens when you come home looking good and buzzed on two martinis...you blog about eye makeup.
Malealyn said…
torker- I have a feeling that she has. . .