Skip to main content

Dreams versus reality

Last night, I had a very vivid dream about emptying a sink full of vomit.  It was so gross.  I had to reach my hand in and pull the plug.  Disgusting.  In my dream, it smelled just terrible.

Upon waking, it makes me think that I should change the sheets.  Evidently, the smell of spit up and spoiled milk has permeated my subconscious.

Gross.

In other news, Milo was in the paper!  Okay.  You can't actually see his face, but he's there, tucked away in his Ergo Baby.  You can find the article here.  He is a big supporter of the Complete Streets model and improving the built environment.  Randal is on the Built Environment Blue Zones committee, so will be instrumental in downtown improvements.  Some ideas include making our downtown streets two-way, removing push buttons on walk signals so that they turn automatically, and improving our alleyways.

Milo celebrated his one-month birthday in Denver where Randal and I went for a friend's wedding.  We had a great time catching up with Heather, Andrea (and her new beau), and other grad school friends.  It was a different visit (re: less alcohol and less sleep), but still wonderful to see everyone and Rebecca's wedding was just beautiful.  (Those pictures are on Randal's phone...  Sorry!)  By the time we got home, I was pretty wiped out, but so glad that we went!


Milo celebrates his one-month birthday with an extra shot of breastmilk.  In fact, he celebrates everyday that way.  This boy knows how to party.

Andrea and Milo.



Happy little family.

All dressed up and ready to go!

Guess who else was in Denver??

Precocious Milo learns to walk.

Back at home, we're settling into a routine-ish.  I'm about to try and be crafty and make Halloween costumes and Randal is quite busy trying to prep the building to paint it.  Michelle and I are moving forward with our bookstore, so stay tuned for our Kickstarter video.

I am adjusting to being at home, which I love so much, but which can also make me crazy.  I have realized that I love puttering around the house, but I would prefer if everyone else stayed home to putter as well.  Then I could see people when I chose, not feel like I wasn't being productive, and all would be perfect.  Another perfectly reasonable request from me that thus far, no one is honoring.  Jerks.

Except this guy.  He said he'd stay home with me.  And frankly, he gets even less accomplished than I do.


Comments

Unknown said…
That kid is flipping adorable, I miss randle
Unknown said…
That kid is flipping adorable, I miss randle
Unknown said…
Thank goodness Milo is so unproductive ;)