Skip to main content

Celebrating...

It was not my most patriotic 4th of July this year.  

But, we celebrated anyway and it felt so nice.  The COVID-19 numbers had continued to sloooowly drop and so we decided we could ease up for the weekend and expand our bubbles for the time being.  (That seems like a long time ago.) They have started to rise again, so we are tightening up again.  It was nice to see cousins though and while we didn't hug, we shared a meal and that felt pretty amazing too.

Milo sang happy birthday to America and followed it with "Black Lives Matter."  I learned patriotic songs on the piano and we watched "Hamilton" on TV.  I didn't feel the same pride that I used to feel in years past, but, I do feel inspired to keep working on this slightly battered country of ours.











And we'll close with a "Teddy Bear Walk" that Milo and Marian and I started this week.  You spray water on parts of the sidewalk that are ideally marked with a bear paw.  We had some successes and some failures, but it was fun overall!  And hot.  Oh so hot.



Comments