Skip to main content

Greenish thumb

My garden has brought out the highs and lows of my emotions this year.  

When I ate my first lettuce, I was ecstatic.  Watching tomatoes redden, zucchini lengthen, and green beans pop out, I am thrilled.  When a chipmunk ate most of my beets and a fungus started to spread, I was devastated.  Seriously, the fungus practically ruined my day.  (Although my dear friend suggested I throw some Vagisil in the soil and call it a day.  It might be worth a try.)

When I stepped on some corn accidentally, I quickly said, "I'm sorry, baby!"  Which is the same thing that I say to Marian when I accidentally run her into a door frame.

I'm in pretty deep.  Stay with me, garden; the world is dark enough without a fungus destroying you.


Milo refused to eat this carrot.  I loved it.




The small, but delicious, beet harvest, post-chipmunk ravaging.

Comments