Skip to main content

Coasting through South Dakota

“This is our vacation.”

The trip is slower than we expected (why we expected two little kids and a giant vehicle to be conducive to speed is beyond me), so I think that randal and I are trying to remind each other that this IS the vacation. We don’t need to hurry. We should stop and see the only corn palace in the world. 

We have left the Midwest and are in the rolling hills of the South Dakota prairie. It was a beautiful morning at the Big Sioux Recreation Center where we stayed last night and we got on the road late. 

More to come. An angry toddler and chatty four year old are demanding my attention. 












Comments

Glenn Gailis said…
You are right, this is your vacation not a driving road trip. Looks like you are having fun. Question: Why would there be a corn palace in the Midwest? I don’t get it. I did see something like corn growing in one of the Iowa pictures. Actually I could hear it growing. In your pictures you all look very unhappy�� Next destination is where? Are you going through Boise? Ursula is there for maybe three weeks helping Gina. Tom’s Dad died an he is in Ireland. You should at least call Ursula if you spend a night in Boise. Ursula’s number is 541 531-3060 Please drive carefully. Glenn Gailis