Skip to main content

The first of many masterpieces.

My sewing practice has taken a vacation due to, um, a move to Phoenix and a new job. But, after receiving a beginner sewing book from my brother, I decided to pick up my art again.

So, last night I played on the sewing machine. I started by reintroducing myself and trying not to break anything. And being a sewing prodigy, today I started (and finished) my first project. I was on a deadline because Santa comes on Thursday night and I want to make sure that my pretty little Odie gets something because he's been a very good boy this year. However, there were no patterns in my book for pet stocking and I was too lazy to look it up on the internet, so I designed my own.

And here it is... in all of its 6 inch long glory.


At a later date, I may embroider Odie's name on the stocking, but this'll do for now. I think that Santa will know whose is whose (if only because I have bigger feet).

Comments

Talia said…
you are so cute, clever, and CRAFTY! i'm sure odie loves it and will love his gifts, too!
Laura said…
Wonderful! I am also trying to get into sewing, but crocheting seems to be stealing my time. I am not nearly as adventurous as you, though. Patterns are my dearest friends.
kjp said…
the stocking is darling and I am sure hung by the chimney with care. I am busy wrapping presents and preparing for tomorrow and the next day!
Malealyn said…
So do I get to call you my prodigy? It is lovely! I especially was proud to see that it held up to being stuffed! [the most important part of a stocking!]