Skip to main content

One week down.

Having a job is not easy. You have to get up early. You have to take a shower. You have to eat at regular times. You have to drive to work (in Phoenix, anyway). All of these things require some effort.

So, I'm exhausted.

I haven't written this week because I've been introduced-out. I have met new nurses who are also on orientation; I have met the managers and other workers on my unit; I have met some women in a new women's group that I joined; I have met some new men and women in a young professionals group that I joined; I have gone to the Unitarian Church and met some members there.

So, I'm exhausted.

It's been a good week. People are nice. Phoenix is pretty. (Sorry, I just wanted to use some inane adjectives.)

My update will not really tell you about my work yet because I haven't worked on the unit. But, from what I've gathered during orientation, Banner Good Sam is a great place to work, consistently rated as one of the top places of employment in Arizona and also as one of the best hospitals in the country by US News and World Report. My manager is fantastic and very flexible (which I why I get to fly home for a brief "Meet-the-Nephew-Visit" on Wednesday) and everyone seems to have an excellent sense of humor.

For now though, it's exhausting. Have I mentioned that yet? So, now, I'm off for some comfort food, 'cause tomorrow it starts again. (Until Wednesday, that is... Ha! I'm spoiled.)

Comments

Malealyn said…
tonic _ check!
limes _ check!