Skip to main content

Ciao mama mia.

Karma has been good to us these past two days that forecasted rain, but seemed to just miss us.

It was a serendipitous day as we started in the nearly empty, but absolutely fabulous Museo del Duomo, where we saw Michelangelo's Pieta and Donatello's Mary Magdelene among others. When the line to enter the Duomo was too long, we decided to have an early lunch, which turned out to be one of the best meals we've had so far. After we finished, the Duomo had no line and few people inside. Perfetto.

We caught a train to Milan this afternoon and are currently in our biggest room yet! Mom flies out tomorrow morning and I return to the city to see my dear friend, Clara. I will meet her Italian boyfriend's family and go to an Italian improv show, so it will certainly be a change of pace!

But, as I miss my brother and his family, I will miss Mom as well. What a wonderful traveling companion!

Comments

Unknown said…
Very much enjoying your posts! Miss you! Wish I was there!
Karen Hanson
Talia said…
"serendipitous"

LOVE the word choice! I'm so glad you've been having fun, and I can't wait to read more!