Skip to main content

Ciao Trentino.






This will be my last post with pictures as this will be the last time that I can usurp my brother's computer.

We are loathe to leave Vigolo Vattaro, even though beautiful Florence is ahead of us. I don't want to miss Daniel's cry of "Bia!" when he reaches for the ball. I don't want to miss Josephine's sweet sucking sound and the way she curls up her legs and is in the shape of an egg. I don't want to miss Daniel's faces and [he's the only one allowed to do this] the way he calls me "Kathy." I don't want to miss conversations with Elisabetta nor her risotto. And I don't want to miss Charles's puns and jumping on his back, despite his T6 compression fracture.

It has been another excellent couple of days. Charles and I hiked La Marzola yesterday, which was quite the challenge but well worth it. It was super steep and we climbed 1000 meters; they don't seem to believe in switchbacks here, so it was pretty comical at times. (Especially with my Mary Jane Merrels: excellent shoes, but not quite cut out for hiking a mountain... Good to know.)

Today we mosied about town and then prepared for Daniel's second birthday party. Zio (uncle) Michele and Nonna (grandma) Maria Assunta arrived with wine to improve our respective Italian and English and we had a wonderful dinner for Daniel with all of his favorite foods of the week: chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, corn and brownies. He got all the attention he wanted since Baby Josephine slept through the whole dinner. I think that he was quite thrilled with his birthday party, especially the balloons!! In fact, I can hear him voicing his frustration now that it is time to put his toys away.

Tomorrow Mom and I take the train to Florence. Andiamo!

Comments

Malealyn said…
Sad. But thank you SO much for the pictures! Enjoy the rest of your journey. Love you.