Skip to main content

Odie the Enigma

Is he the worst dog or the best dog?

Today on our hike, Odie ran up behind me with a big glob of brown stuck to his collar and the left side of the neck. It was in such an odd place that I assumed that it couldn't be poo, that he had to have been digging... But, of course not. Somehow, he had gotten poo stuck on his the buckle of his collar and the front, left side of his neck and NOWHERE else. I still don't understand how this happened, but I spent the remainder of the hike wondering how I would get this off and drive him home in the climate that I live in: one without water.

Fortunately, there were several plastic bags at the end of the hike for poo clean-up on the hike (or at the end, in my lucky case). So, I "gloved" up with some plastic bags and took his collar off, then proceeded to dump a 1/3 full water bottle on him repeatedly, since the weak water fountain would only fill it up that much. I strapped him into the car and prayed that he didn't jump around on the way home. Gross. Funny, but gross.

Worst dog. Who gets a GLOB of poo stuck on the buckle of their collar?

Or so I thought for the rest of the afternoon, until I was watching "Marley and Me" (a little bit for solidarity, I must admit.). Odie was happily running around the house and being a general nuisance during the majority of the movie, but when the part came where Marley dies, Odie climbed on my lap and stayed there until the movie was over, turning to check on me periodically during the extra sad parts. So... for the time being, anyway...

Best dog.

Comments

skyking said…
Odie eats poop sandwiches for breakfast.