Skip to main content

30-day challenge complete.

Well, it is the end of this 30 days.  I made every day but one.  That was the day that I found out about Glenn's health issues and put myself to bed at 7:00pm.  I think that it's okay that I missed that one.

As my reward for this challenge, I will order a photo book of one photo from each day.  Some days, I struggled to find a good photo.  Some days, there were too many from which to choose.  It will be a good snapshot into our lives this November of 2017.  There were difficult moments, but the sweet ones far outweighed the hard ones. 

Christmas time is upon us and it is my favorite time of year.  I love the music and the lights and the love.  And it is a time of reflection, which can be good and difficult.  I am in a very different place now than I thought that I would be.  A year ago, I was submitting grad school applications, and Randal and I were mentally preparing for a move.  But, today, as I watched the buildings come down for Stephanie's park and talked to my friend, Jeanette, I was glad that I got to witness the crumbling of those old buildings and am glad that I'll get to be here as a new park comes in their stead.

As for the final photo...  it was a nice moment tonight.  For Christmas, I ordered Randal a DeskCycle (a bike you can cycle under your desk).  Unfortunately, Amazon did not mask this box, so Randal was able to see his gift as soon as he walked up our sidewalk and saw it on the stoop.  He offered to wait until Christmas to open the box, but Milo was impatient and so he set it up tonight.  It works well and he's excited, but Milo is most pleased about his new bike. 

I thought about just posting this and saying that it was Milo's bike and we thought he needed to lose weight...

So, thank you for joining me this month and being a part of this challenge.  And Happy December!







Comments

Finklestien said…
Thank you, Katherine. Your dad said last night that he was sorry the month was over. We so enjoyed sharing your days. Love.