Skip to main content

A new 30-day challenge

I didn't know what my first posts would be that weren't about Stephanie.  It seems silly, but as you make a post about other events and new experiences, it made it feel to me that she wasn't in my thoughts.  Which is so far from the truth.  Not a day goes by when I don't think about Stephanie and miss her and wish that there were a different outcome last January 7th.  

But, life goes on and so do experiences and love and laughter and that is important to share as well.  So, to resume my blogging, I am trying a new 30-day challenge.  

A little backstory to this...  A few years ago, Stephanie and I presented a lecture about motivation in which we showed this video about 30-day challenges.  Last year, she found the video again and incorporated it into one her classes that I now teach.  To inspire our Year 2 participants (who are mostly in the maintenance phase of weight loss), I created (aka stole from the internet) several different 30-day challenges and asked them to join me in doing one of them.  It is now Day 29 of my strength-training challenge and I will complete it tomorrow.  (I am very strong now.)  For my reward, I am finally using a massage gift certificate that I received several months ago.

And on this first of the month, I am starting a new challenge.  I hope to post a photo or experience on this blog every day for the next 30 days. 

So, for Day 1, I will share some photos from our wonderful Klamath Falls Halloween last night.  Annie and Milo were to be Minnie and Mickey Mouse together, but Milo was not excited about his Mickey Mouse suit.  So - he was Minnie Mouse in all her glory.  Well, not all her glory.  He hated the ears.  I got him to wear his hat a couple times to which I safety-pinned a "Minnie bow," but mostly, he just ran around in a dress and tights all night.  Two-years old and dressed in drag.  That's our boy! We had hundreds and hundreds of trick-or-treaters and an impromptu party at our house.  It was a little tough to roll into work at 6:30am this morning and teach class at 7am.

It was a happy happy Halloween and was one of the highlights of this year.  We are lucky to have our community in Klamath.

See you tomorrow.



Randal and I decorated pumpkins on the 30th.  One of us has artistic skills and one of us does not.


Minnie and Mickey Mouse and their respective moms who are just glad they're in a costume.
Our little mice.


Post-party laughter with dear friends.


Comments