Skip to main content

It's 11/11.

That's the first line to the song I made up a long time ago when a digital clock would turn to my favorite time: 11:11. It only happens twice a day!

As most of you know, I do love this time and day (still planning the 11/11/11 party in a couple of years) and so I consider it a good omen that 11/11 is the date when I look for apartments.

Mom and I have had a leisurely morning and have enjoyed resting our respective buttocks from the not-so-comfortable U-Haul seats. Odie is enjoying life without sedation, although I'm not sure what he thinks of the desert climate yet (he misses grass). And we're being picked up at 10am to visit some apartments. I feel nervous about this, but I've got 11/11, so that gives me a little more courage. After all, I'm hoping to find a place and move-in by Saturday. That's reasonable, right?

So, I've included a picture of one our stellar parking jobs. We didn't really attempt to back up the truck on this trip and were content to take up four parking spots. It was a little embarrassing in this instance though as we were surrounded by semis that were perfectly backed into to their little spots. Only on one instance did we get blocked into our parallel spot, so crafty Mom went into the hotel lobby and asked if there were any truckers there. A very nice man directed Mom as she squeezed out her tight spot and we were on our way. And the car trailer only off-roaded once on a curb in a parking lot. Not bad for novices, eh?

By the way, Mom dubbed us with trucker names: Big Momma and Skinny Minny. Alright, we gone, good buddy.

Comments

Talia said…
i LOVE the hyperlink to the wikipedia on CB slang!!!!!!!!!!! you never cease to amaze me with your wit. :)

i miss you, and i cannot wait for the next post - hopefully with lots of 11/11 apartment luck!
Raja said…
Good luck...Apt looks lovely!!