Skip to main content

Success!

This morning, I put on my lucky underwear, earrings that belonged to my grandmother, and actually took a shower. In terms of wardrobe karma, there wasn't much more that I could do.

But, evidently it worked. Yesterday, our realtor drove us around Scottsdale, but we didn't find a perfect place. Today, when the realtor picked us up with her two year old daughter in tow (to keep Mom occupied), we had that last minute panic to really inspire us to find a place. I loved the first place that we visited, but was trying not to get my hopes up too high, since apartment hunting can be full of let-downs as the previous day had shown. However, the more we looked, the more I was sure that the first place was the place for me. And the clincher came when the realtor said that I could move in the next day.

A flurry of paperwork started and by the end of the afternoon, their realtor had said that she would hand over the keys. So, at 6:30pm tonight, I got the new keys and emptied the trunk of my car. (Thus, my apartment now has clothes in my closet and four martini glasses... I guess I'm all set with the necessities!)

We'll drive the U-Haul over tomorrow and empty it and be finished with it forever. Hurrah! Odie will be sedated once more while we move in, so as not to be a nuisance. And so he can impress the neighbors with how calm he is.

So, I'm moving into a 2bd/2ba apartment on the second floor with a balcony and a fireplace. Thank you, lucky underwear, thank you.






Comments

Talia said…
you showered!!!?!?!?!?? whoa!

... oh yeah, cute apartment. ;)