Skip to main content

Pangs of maternal instinct.

The apartment is very quiet now. There is no sound of chewing and no little paws on my lap nagging me to go out and play. It is very quiet.

I just dropped Odie off for a trial run at the PetsHotel. The woman at the desk was very kind, offering him treats until he warmed up to her. She gushed about how cute he was, which I ate up like a bag of M&Ms. And as she looked over his paperwork, Odie started to sense that something was amiss, running up to me and whining. I wished him good luck and she took him to the playroom to introduce him to other dogs. I tried to stay hidden, so that Odie wouldn't see me and whine to be let out. I watched as the butt-sniffing commenced as well as the exploration of his newest environment. His tail was up, but he looked nervous. And I realized that I was sad to see him go and anxious that he be happy there.

The woman came out and told me that my feelings were perfectly natural. She would call me if there was a problem, but Odie seemed nervous, but fine.

My feelings are perfectly natural? Yeesh. I am in to this pet-owning thing deep.

Comments

Malealyn said…
yeah. I really don't know how to follow up on that, other than, you have doggy day care! wow.
yo' bro said…
Boh. So no mo' NaBloPoMo?